Old 11-04-06, 11:06 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by big boy phil
I felt this thread needed to be revisited, and I have a bit of an update.

I moved on from the SS to straight fixed and have switched my riding over to commuting instead of the long rides in the afternoon. Time and weather necessitated the riding changes. As for the fixed gear, well I really wanted to give it a try, so I dropped some coin on a nicely built rear wheel, and went from there. I have to say, that I love riding the fixed gear now. Any chance I can to ride it, including my lunch break, I hop on and go. On weekends, when I have more time, I try to put in 50 miles at least one of the two days.

Lastly, as of this morning's weigh in, I have lost a total of 63 lbs since 7/11. My original goal when I started was to be @ 300 lbs by the end of the year. Well, I am just 3 lbs away from that, so I have moved my goal to be 275 lbs by the end of this year. I currently weigh 303 lbs. I may fall slightly short of that goal, but I'm going to strive for it anyway.

I'll have to reward myself with a new wardrobe when this is all said and done. Heck, I kind of already need some new clothes as it is. My current wardrobe is already too big.
Great job!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant