Old 10-11-03, 12:08 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
most don't like them, it seems.

Those I ride with don't think them very permament. I seem to have more problems or patience with patches with glue. Either I put too much glue on and takes forever to dry or else I don't wait long enough for the drying process. Often I am in a hurry during a commute. No time for trial and error.
I carry enough tubes to replace it entirely and worry about patching later..
Actually, with the Kevlar tires, it is my hope -tubes last long enough that when they puncuture- I have gotten enough life out of them? I have no patience for tires with lots of patches. Usually two patches, and I am done with that tube. Catch tubes on sale and stock up, they are not that expensive. Changing a whole tube seems faster than the patching up process.
When using glueless patches, it seems I have had decent luck with them and less trial and error compared to those with glue.
As to glueless patches, move to California, in winter we do not have all that much wet weather.
I sort of think, a tire will last 6,000 miles and my expectation, I can get 2500 miles out of a tube- hopefully without using a patch.