View Single Post
Old 11-12-06, 08:21 PM
mcgurme
Gone kayaking

Bikes: Gary Fisher Sugar 2, Fat Chance Yo Eddy (electrified w/Currie drive system), GT ZR 4.0, Downtube IXNS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rider near Chapel Hill

Hey,

I'll try to keep it short: I'm addicted to bikes. Right now I have 5 of them. But I actually like riding them all - they don't just sit there! The most riding I get is just commuting to work, 15 miles/day. I am really an MTBer at heart, after growing up in Utah and starting with my first mountain bike in '84 (does that say how old I am, oh no!). But recently I've enjoyed some road riding, and did my first metric century, le tour de femme. I had lots of fun, so I'll be doing some more long rides. Now that it's colder and days are shorter, I'm spending time fixing up my '92 Fat Chance Yo Eddy into a cross + touring bike. I guess I'm turning into a bit of a retro-grouch.

I find things to be a bit bicycle-unfriendly here compared to other places I've lived, including Madison Wisconsin... It's nice to see other riders, but I find a lot of drivers to be ignorant, and the roads have zero shoulder. In Madison, I'd see lots of people on their bikes even in mid-winter, but I see a lot less of that here, even though it's 20 degrees warmer on average... but I digress. There are still some really nice rides, and the fall colors have been great this year, and there are some other great cyclists about.

Morgan