View Single Post
Old 11-15-06, 11:23 PM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 850 Times in 386 Posts
Originally Posted by pyze-guy
I've bought the odd thing from Paulie, never had a problem, and the Cyclemania on Danforth is the closest lbs to me so they tend to get my business, and yes could the bedside manner use some improvement. Of course as I've spent more money there, the service has gotten sunnier.

Anyone have any insight on Cyclemania bikes. They have full built fixed bikes with pretty decent parts for $450-$495. I'm contemplating getting one from there as it fits the budget and I could get one in a month or two. Living near the store I've noticed alot of people riding Cyclemania bikes and have started to consider it abit more.
I've never met Paulie but wasn't he the one who flooded this thread with negative feedback regarding last year's MEC swap-meet?

Yeah, I was wondering about the Cyclemania bikes too; the one guy at the Bloor location told me that the frames are made in Slovakia and that they are some cro-mo stuff. The prices are good but I really hate the decals, a small point I know, but I just don't like them. And yeah, that one guy's bedmanner could improve but he seems honest enough and his prices are not that insane; he worked at High Park Cycle for many years so I guess he picked up John/Jan's surly attitude but not his absence from reality and reality pricing