Old 11-19-06, 09:45 PM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by jamawani
Jam dude - for sure!

I don't think I've ever seen such racist and intolerant screed on this website before.
I assume you agree also with the view that the people from New Orleans made homeless by hurricane Katrina never had it so good as when they were living in the Astrodome. You demonstrate the classic close-mindedness characteristic of bigots of all stripes - racists, sexists, jihadists. You only consider you own limited experience from within your own prejudices.

It's clear that you are extremely anti-intellectual. Granted, statistics can be abused - but by and large they offer much useful information. Diabetics - for example - depend on their own personal statistics and research which compiles the data of millions of other people. Only a fool would make such dismissive statements. Maybe you should just spin in a gym rather than tour. It has obviously done you little good.

Better yet - sign up for a course or two at your local community college.
My suggestions - statistics and/or native studies.

PS - I will grant you that Canada's heathcare system is far superior to the United States'.
Almost every study indicates that - despite its aggravations - it provides better care to more people for less cost.
Gee, Jim Jam, you seem like another American trying to impose his will on the citizens of another country. It's become an all too common assault across the world.

These people LIVE in the country you are talking about, and are intimately aware of their issues. But you, as an outsider, choose to abuse them (yes, abuse) with outlandish descriptions that just don't bear belief.

Climb down from the ivory tower, for heaven's sake. You don't do yourself or academia any service at all.