View Single Post
Old 11-26-06, 09:51 PM
lescycling

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Best wheels

Hello,

Zipp 404's carbon, Reynolds Stratus, Head Alps etc.. all will do, You will see them on the racing tandems in Co-Motion Stage Race. Those tandems will use them in Very Hilly stages with bad rosd surface & very fast speed, they will do criterium race with fast tight turns albows to albows! and Time Trial, where those fast wheels will excel most!

We used pair in the Washington Tandem Team Time Trial ( four tandems ) 52km where we avr 29m/hr ! and composite wheels were awsome plus.

I build some nice set of tandems wheels, like pair King hubs/Velocity Aero Head rims 32/36 hole and weight is the same as Rolf Vigor Prima, They might not be as Aero as Rolfs but super complient ride with 32/36 spokes ( more & longer spokes ) nicer ride!

On final note if you not going over 300Lbs and have nice smooth roads where you ride & $$$ than fancy carbon wheels are way to go.Problem will be with swaping flat tires if you go with saw ups, but you can go with clinchers now days.

I have pair of Rolf Prima's for fast rides and for descenting long passes ( deeper rims surface will despite more heat! ) and we have set of Kings/Velocity wheels for all around road surface riding.

My 2 cents!
Les Korcala
Co - Motion Robusta