Shiznaz
Gone, but not forgotten

Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pyze-guy
What to do, what to do. Seems my employeers decided I was underpaid forthe past 3 months and paid me retroactively today. After paying off large debts, seems I have about $500 left to blow on bike stuff. The dilema is, do I get a nice hub and wheel build and fix the sexy beast, or buy a complete bike (or close there to). I could get a fix all done from Cyclemania for that price, or try Cavern, I think Keith has a fuji in my size for $500. I love the Wheeler, a great ride and I've put lots of work into getting it set up as a bombproof s/s, but it would also be nice to have a bike I can ride and not worry about which part needs fixing or replacing.

Help.
You want fixed gear? If you want geared I'd say try out the new KHS flite 220s. IK was talking to Brent at Europe Bound and he said he was going to get in a ton of them in different sizes. I pretty much got as excited as him when he showed it to me in the catalogue and said it was only 520 bucks MSRP!

If you want fixed gear, then I'd first check at cavern to get that fuji, then I'd consider one of the khs flite 100/mercier messenger/spicer bikes. I love my flite 100, but the drivetrain and wheels that came on it were pretty junky.

PS. 500 dollars burning a hole through your pocket is not a dilemma.