View Single Post
Old 11-30-06, 07:08 PM
bert37

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
I have all sorts of junk on my top tube (including my brake cable) and I've got no problems because I run all my clips, clamps, and velcro underneath the cabling. Why put the possibility of interference out there? Are the cables run in such a fashion that you can't wrap the battery strap underneath them?
Yeah, sorry -- guess I didn't explain well. I'll post a pic I took if I can find a quick place to stash it.
The rear brake cable runs along the (left) side of my top tube. I have the battery straps running underneath/inside them (directly against the top tube), but because the battery weight is lopsided, it slopes to the side, and therefore the straps bulge out slightly, pulling out on the brake cable. Does that make sense?
Anyways, like I said -- it does not cause the rear brakes to rub, and as slvoid suggests, I imagine the cable is tough enough to deal with the wear.

Scorer75 -- I googled sheldon rear brake and read his article on it -- interesting, cause even though I know front brake provides much more stopping power, I use rear brake 90% of the time (for coasting to stop lights, slowing to coast through signs, etc.). I guess that makes me an inexperienced cyclist. ; )

thanks again for the responses...