Old 11-30-06, 07:55 PM
juan162

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kb5ql
Get the MKS detachable clipless pedals, then just buy these from Nashbar (much cheaper solution!)

Tennis Shoe Adapter

FYI, currently I'm using the Campus Pedals from Performance. I know they're not folding, but seems to work for me.
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY THESE!!! I tried the exact same product on my SPD's and they were near impossible to take off again. They are all resin, including the section of the pedal that clips in. Even with my SPD pedals set at the most sensitive setting - the one that my shoe would come out of by just breathing funny - it was near impossible to get the pedal adapters out. After a few experiments, I finally had to cut one of them off the pedals. Let me tell you that I am a 6' 230lbs+ man that weight trains regularly, so if I can't budge them, they aren't coming off. The other adapter posted by CrimsonEclipse is a much better design because it allows you to use actual SPD clips. If you decide on adapters, I would go with that other product. In addition, the Nashbar product would not work with MKS pedals because MKS pedals use a clip that is similar, but not the same as an SPD.