Treespeed
Warning:Mild Peril

Bikes: Cilo, Surly Pacer, Kona Fire Mountain w/Bob Trailer, Scattante

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bklyn
Apparently I touched a nerve that I didn't intend. It was a waste-of-time joke, and I actually didn't think that there'd be so many commuters who have SUV's. An SUV in the city is worthy of ridicule, in my opinion. But it is a cultural thing: Treespeed lives in Los Angeles, and (I'm a little shaky on cultures of foeign lands), but I think car ownership is different out there. But I really didn't want to start a fight. I meant it humorously, but as with anything that tries to be funny, there's supposed to be truth within it.

And I actually was talking about I-Like-to-Bike with the very small penis line.

ANYWAY....
BKLYN,

Yeah, you're right about car ownership in Los Angeles, but I'm a recent Seattle refuge so I drive a nice Old Volvo Wagon. Trust me I get the joke, and I liked your top ten list. I just found TimJ's addition a little too self righteous as he imagined the psychological underpinnings of someone's car choice. Then his whiny defense was just so perfect. It's okay to bash on SUV drivers, but not on SUV bashers.
Obviously no one knows why anyone drives any particular car until you ask them.
My wife drives a wicked black turbo Audi A4 with dark tinted windows, but the only reason she got it was because she wanted a lease return with a good warranty and side impact airbags.

And TimJ I didn't take anything personally, and I certainly didn't direct my remarks at you personally. I was just making a broad generalization just as you did. Did you not appreciate that? I'm so sorry I didn't realize you couldn't take a joke, it was a joke thread according to you. So again so very sorry about hurting your feelings.

Do you need a hug?