View Single Post
Old 12-04-06, 02:22 AM
Wheelchairman
Bendigo Youth Racing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally went for a ride today! I mean a real ride. The past 6 months Ive just been communting to work and running errands etc.

I warmed up on some single trails 5minutes down the road, with a surprise dropoff in the mix. I then moved on to the power-grid road. Bascially a road built to service the powergrid (duh!) its a series of ups and downs that goes on and on for 15 KM (see pic 1).
The road soon ended at a 10ft high fence so I turned left and followed a single trail that hugged said fence. I've never rode down here before, but it was awesome! Tons of berms and small drop-offs with smooth landing areas. Really fast riding .
I popped out of the forest after about 2km and found an....uhh.... "river thingy" and followed that for about 40minutes at a large rate of knots(see pic 2, 3 and 4). I didn't know where I was but I kept following til I got to a unknown sealed road. I metaphorically tossed a coin and decided to go left. Great choice it was to. After riding along a trail on the side of the road, I came to workout where the hell i was! I followed the sealed road now and made my way to "One Tree Hill".
I took the walking track up "One Tree Hill". It gets pretty steep and contains a ton of loose rock and tree-roots near the top. I've never ridden up it with cleats before, but today I was feeling stupid enough to give it a shot. I had a moment at the start but I clipped out more naturally then I thought I ever could and so once again I was off. I got to the top without incident (see pic 5).
I blew down "One Tree Hill" and had a casual ride home through the traffic. Good day . The ride took me 3 hours and I traveled roughly 50km. Havent done that in awhile

15km of hell on the power grid road

The start of the "river thingy"

The long, boring road to nowhere

Without me knowing, my camera and a flat-topped rock worked together to get this corny shot

One tree Hill walking track. Note: Hill may contain more then one tree

Sorry for length, hope youse like!