genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Here is something I thought interesting in that list of motorist responders:
"hereis the question for all of you, if I am doing 65 in the posted 65 MPH in the
left lane why must I get over? I can't even do 65 in the righ lane without
getting run over."
Because you're breaking AZ state law 28-271. The law says that if you're slower than the other traffic, "a person shall drive a vehicle on the right half of the roadway" - period. The law says NOTHING about giving the slower, impeding driver, any exemption if the other driver is speeding. That doesn't matter. The law says that you must move over if you can, whether the other driver is an a**h0le or not.

I heard a radio interview with a DPS officer that discussed and verified this explanation. He even suggested that the person going the speed limit or less in the high lane is breaking the law by impeding faster traffic.
So by this and similar laws in other states, there is a subtle pressure for one to drive fast and faster... why?

Why are the laws written and enforced in such a way to encourage mindless speeding?

This is something that needs changing across the land... no one should ever be penalized for driving at the posted speed limit when every one else is going faster... this is a clear example of accepting and promoting "if Johnny jumped off the bridge, would you do it too?" A notion that our mothers promoted, and we accept, except in the case of driving a car. Go figure.