View Single Post
Old 12-05-06, 07:45 AM
ThatWhichRolls
Palcontent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Checked out RiverCity during my visit in '05...seemed like they had some great bikes, but were very much a "showroom" type of a store. That's not to say they're a bad shop, mind you, but they seem more like the sort of place I'd want to drop by if I'd come across a remarkably large sum of cash and were looking to get a sweet super-technical weighs-nothing toy. Which, sadly, won't be happening anytime soon.

VeloShop is the *only* other shop I've been in, oddly enough. Seemed smallish and cool, though considering that I'm not running a one-sprocket rig, I can't see much reason in going there beyond inquiring about, say, a vegan-friendly saddle. If I were to be in the neighborhood and needed some regularly replaced stuff (such as bearings or brake cables), seems like it would be an alright place to stop.

Everything else will be 100% new to me, and admittedly, I've only been to the above places once each. Hadn't heard of Veloce before. Call me a sucker, but that classic poster art on their site indicates I will have to check them out. Er, well, that and your description.

Again, thanks for the input and please don't hesitate to tell me where I'm "wrong".