Old 12-06-06, 11:16 PM
grahny
hobo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarery
At 35 degrees i wear at max, 3 thin layers, and a shell. Usually at that temp its only 1 base, 1 jersey, and a shell. If you have so many layers on you cant move, id look for a different layering approach then a more thermal jacket.
yeah.. I thought about that too... it really comes down to the fact that I just have all form fitting stuff, so my layers get tighter and tighter as they stack on one another, hence the lack of oxygen .. I could move ok, it just felt constricting. I figure getting rid of all the layers except a base, a jersey and a jacket would loosen things up and still provide the same amount of warmth, but add some wind protection. The layers I do wear now keep me warm just fine, it just feels constricting since they're all form fit. The ride the other day was 35 + 15-20mph winds, so it was beating through me... my fingers and toes were the only actual cold parts.

Funny though... As I was putting on all the layers and about to walk out the door, I suddenly felt like the kid from Christmas Story all bundled up and unable to move his arms.. haha..