Zeltar
Be afraid, be very afraid

Bikes: 03 Habanero Cross, Spicer HT MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiahh
Zeltar - is $2K your absolute limit? Colorado Cyclist has the Litespeed Tuscany, full Ultegra, on sale right nor for $2399 +27 shipping. I've been riding one for about a year and a half now and love it. I'm not a small guy either at 6' and about 220 and have no flex or strength issues with it.

Rode a metric century this summer, my first, on lots of chipseal roads and was so thankful for the Ti. I would have quit had I had an aluminum bike! It's fast and comfortable. Worth the extra reach, in my opinion, if it won't break your bank!

What size did you get? I looked at an online (BikeFarmer) and was leaning toward the 04' Firenze. It is a Ti based on the Tuscany for $1999.
I also have note been able to test ride a Ti bike. It kind of scares me to put that kind of $ down on something I have not ridden. Also the largest size that Litespeed makes is a 61cm. I know you can adjust with stem length etc, but wonder if that messes with the "handeling" at all? I wouldnt have a problem with the x-tra $400 it will just make my x-mas shopping a little more frugal.
I checked the website and the largest the have is a 59cm.
thanks for the advice though.