Old 12-09-06, 11:42 PM
SunFlower
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did Anyone See COPS Tonight ?

So the police get a call that a vehicle had struck a bicyclist on a highway. The police show up and see a women standing on the road and her vehicle about 15 feet off the road in some trees. They ask the lady what happened (lady barely speaks english) and the lady says that she just didnt steer properly and drove off the road. The police officer says that they recieved a call that the vehicle had struck a bicyclist and the lady says "no, i just didnt steer properly and i went off the road a little bit". At this point the police are convinced the witness caller was mistaken and the poor lady had just driven off the road accidentaly. The police were just about to let her go when out of the woods this 14 yr kid stumbles onto the road bleeding profusly and stagering. Another cop runs over to him and the kid is so confused he doesnt even know what is happening. The officer then looks into the woods and spots a mangled bicycle and the tennis shoes that the kid had been knocked out of. At this point the cops actually LOOK at the womens car and see the front end has entensive damage and the windshield is smashed with blood on it. The police then ask the lady driver if she hit the bicyclist and she said "oh, i wasnt sure if it hit him or not" !!!!!!

I have alot of experience with cars and hitting deer and I can tell you for a FACT that if you strike something that weights 125 lbs with your car, causing that much damage you DAMN WELL know you hit something. At NO POINT when the police were questioning this lady (a kid lay seriously wounded in the woods) did she EVEr say "oh, i might have hit something".

To top it all of they only cited her for "failure to maintain lane" which is a common traffic ticket. Personally, I think she deserves a few years in jail.