View Single Post
Old 11-12-03, 07:10 PM
Croak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dude
Just to answer some of the other questions that Croak asked....

As for the gym I have been doing that for a long time. I switched over from a mass building workout "hence a lot of the weight change" To a Anatomical Adaptation type workout. Hi reps 20-30 with sets ranging from 2-5 @ about 40-60% max 2-3 times a week, 9 exercises. The other times I am either doing yoga or bike specific workouts. I commute sometimes during the week and that is 40 miles round trip about 3-4 times.

I do drink green tea everyday about 32 oz but I don't think that increasing the E is a good idea like Croak suggested since E is very toxic, I make up for the remainder in natural food. The fish oil I take is EPA/DHA concentrate so that is a good thing.

What are some of your suggestions??
Vitamin E is said to be toxic because it is fat soluble, not water, therefore your body can not flush it as easily as it could say vitamin C, which is water soluble. The point is, if you are taking in that much fish oil and working out you will need the extra fat-soluble anti-oxidant. You are no where near the toxic levels which is fairly high (unlike vitamin A, which should be watched closely). If you are still concerned about the vit E, I would suggest taking some r-ALA, it is both water and fat soluble and has strong anti-oxidant properties.

Without knowing more about the gym program, it seems it is not ideally suited to fat loss. Whether you want to change that or not is your decision, but gearing it towards fat loss will help that particular goal obviously.

Oh and by the way, there is a big difference between a nutritionist, a dietician and a doctor. I'll let you work out which is which