View Single Post
Old 12-12-06, 05:11 PM
epix1718

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
College area

I'll start off saying that tonight was the 2nd time I've had my bike hit by a car this semester..

I live about 5 blocks off my campus and so its easy for me to commute to class/work on my bike. The roads are setup decently with bike paths although no driver ever seems to notice them..

Same spot was tonights accident as the one I had earlier a couple months ago, cars pull out going right into a 1 way street where I need to turn left into. So usually the driver is only looking towards the left and not seeing me come in on their right. We'll b/c of this I decided to slow way down for a good 5 seconds before I go to the intersection, but this did nothing as I was passing the front of her car she decided it was a good time to pull into the road. Luckily the only damage done was my rear wheel being bent on my mountain bike.

After this I stopped to see the damage and she wouldn't even acknowledge me and drove off. I'm about to the point where I am sick of how some drivers pay 0 attention to anything besides other cars on the road.

What are some ideas for things I can do to ride safer? Would having an airzound even do anything? If this happens again I'll try to get a plate number or talk to the driver. Is there anything that could be done in the future to say replace parts? What kind of trouble could I get in if say I took a piece of scrap iron rod and hit their car?

sorry.. just a bit frustrated