Old 12-13-06, 08:50 AM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flic
hi amaferanga.... I have written down some of the advice you previously gave me... gunna take it with me, the bit about regreting and forgetting... I really appreciated it very much. I agree with the part about it being good to talk to someone who has been cycle touring in Africa, but the thing is I really don't know anyone who has done any cycle touring anywhere at all... Thats half the reason I keep coming up with stupid questions... I agree that the route will be OK... I've been reading loads and loads.

I've been thinking quite a bit about what I'm going to be bringing with me and I think it will fit into a 25Ltr bag mostly, and if it doesnt fit I won't bring it I guess. I have talked to iik briefly and read his site fully. He's the reason I have decided a bag instead of panniers is a good idea. In my bag I will be able to fit a tent, thermarest and light sleeping bag... a change of clothes, a little first aid and some spares will have to squeeze in. This may sound unrealistic I guess... but I've had a bit of a play around and reckon itll hopefully work... Oh, I'll bring some maps too! They may come in handy... you never know.

Hopefully everything will work out fine :-) my mates gunna make me a travelogue so that anyone interested can see how I go, and those of little faith can laugh at me and mutter "I told you so" when I f it up.
You'll need WAY more than 25l for your tent, sleeping bag, therma-rest, and other things. Where do you plan on keeping your water?