Old 12-13-06, 09:03 PM
oldokie

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo, Cannondale SR500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The brand was Adidas. Quality was fine but the prescription insert was much smaller than my normal glasses. I need the bi-focal segment to see the handle bar range (computer) but I don't need the last segment (tri-focal) because I don't plan to read a book while I am cycling. The problem with wraparound glasses is that the excessive curve of the lens limits how much prescription they can do....especially with bi-focals. Mine is outside the limits of all the different brands I looked at (for no insert style). Progressive lens is not an issue (I don't care about the line). My problem is that I must turn my head to look directly at something to get it into the center range so that both eyes see it equally to get a true focus on the item (cars!). For younger people with lots of flexibility, this may not be as big an issue as it is for me but at 63 years, I do not have the flexibility I once had in my neck and shoulders.
Perhaps my problem may be with the small inserts used by Adidas. I had a hard time finding a local dealer who carried any type of glasses that would accomodate my prescription. From comments above, the Rudy may have worked better for me.