NoRacer
Isaias

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derath
I'm up for a MD BF ride this winter. Maybe not a full century. We could call it the MD Frostbite Metric. You all just have to make the ride no drop so I don't end up by myself :-)

-D
I'll try to give this some thought for this weekend (Saturday), since it looks like it will stay out of the 20s F in the morning.

Sunday, I -may- be doing this low stress BBC ride:

Originally Posted by Baltimore Bike Club
Sunday - December 17
SHORT - 12 noon - 28 mi

START: Fells Point Plaza (just south of The Broadway Market) in front of Jimmy's Resteraunt on the corner of Broadway & Aliceanna St. Parking is available on-street & in a Free Lot at the corner of Broadway & Bank St.

Cycle along the waterfront to North Point State Park. Terrain is flat w/one hill. Snack stop @convenience store.
From experience, this ride is not very scenic until you get closer to the park. Even then, it depends on what your definition of scenic is.

At the start, you're riding toward Alicianna and Boston St, crossing over Dundalk Ave., picking up Delvale, then Sollers Point, crossing Merrit Blvd to Pennisula Blvd. You pick up "Beth' Blvd" to Wharf Rd followed by North Point Blvd. Then we pick up some trails and low traffic roads that eventually land us at the park.

This ride is later in the day, so the temps will be up.

This is definitely a "smell the roses" ride--a good one for new members who have never ridden on a group ride before. There will be some 10-12 MPH 'speedsters' on this ride and maybe even some 'bent' riders.