View Single Post
Old 12-14-06, 09:25 AM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Bikes: '03 Marin Mill Valley, '02 Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1, '12 Giant Defy Advance, '20 Giant Revolt 1, '20 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, some random 6KU fixie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CtoF
Anyhow, Cannondale frames are all still welded in Pennsylvania. The carbon frames are made in Asia, but they are assembled in America. Sorry, but Cannondale does NOT have a carbon facility. They are still very nice frames though.
Originally Posted by avmanansala
I believe all Cannondale aluminum frames are made in the US, the carbon fiber are made overseas.
Ok lets get out info right here. They CF Synapse has been made in Taiwan but they are going to bring it in house because they HAVE brought up a carbon facility in Bedford so they can do all their own work. The Six13, SystemSIX, Rush CF and the HT CF bike (sorry I forget the name) are all made in the US.

Originally Posted by re the SystemSIX
Manufactured completely in Cannondale’s Bedford factory, the new bike has a distinctively Cannondale look; oversized down tube, a chunky head tube and a slightly-sloping, wide and oval top tube. The new tubing configurations are a by-product of two initiatives in the company — a reinvigoration of research and development money now that the company has emerged from bankruptcy protection and an upgrade of its carbon processing capabilities to a level on par with aerospace manufacturing standards.

Carbon fever

Although Cannondale has worked with carbon fiber in its frame building since the Raven mountain bike in 1992, the System Six represents a significant investment in carbon processing. Improvements include a staging freezer for the spools of raw carbon fiber — the material degrades if it’s not stored properly. “The CNC fabric cutter room is also brand new,” said composite design engineer Brad Paquin. “We also invested in some very expensive tooling and doubled our hot press capacity to build this bike.”

Last edited by Grasschopper; 12-14-06 at 09:32 AM.