scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AfterThisNap
FWIW, the threads at the hub are locked in place, they ain't backing out easily with a drill bit.
Look, not trying to make a mountain out of it, maybe these things are the better mousetrap, but i have seen similar designs break and it's just not fun.

Im not saying that the wheels suck and they should not be purchased, I was just pointing out what was on my mind. I love techy parts as much as the next guy, but I see so much of it, and see a lot of it break so I just like to look past the sex appeal.

Another "huh?" here. I've looked at some of the hubs and spokes, and they are not locked in place at all. Unless your builder Loctites them in, which would be utterly stupid.

As R.D. says, should be any different than getting any other broken off bolt out, (i've done this a time or two without any real trouble on other parts) if it happens.

Trust me, having ridden with a few folks who have them, and having looked at a few pairs..... these are much higher quality, and better designed than the Pulstars, Crossmaxes, Velomaxes, and others like them.