Old 12-16-06, 09:14 AM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by oldokie
I recently purchased some sunglasses with a wrap around frame and prescription inserts. I am very disapointed in the results ................

If you are not familiar with this style, it is like a regular set of sunglasses (no prescription) with a very small set if prescription lens mounted on a clip behind the sunglass lens. I tried this approach because I could not find any brand of wraparound sunglasses that could handle my prescription without going this route.
The simplist, most direct, way to resolve the issue of protective eyeware for ANY cyclist is to buy
"fit overs" for your rides. These glasses will work with or without presription glasses under them.

They are,to me , the ONLY common sense approch to this issue. It ain't about lookin' cool really
it's about get'n the job done of protecting the only pair of eyes you'll ever have. No matter how
much money you spend on 'fashion wear' glasses you will get more bang for the buck with "fit overs'.

That said......
For less than $30 you can git-r-done!!

http://www.eyesave.com/brands/b281-d...ses/index.aspx

To me all that "market targeted" ***** is just another way to get you to pay more for what you can
find cheaper & better by going back to basics and forget the 'fashion" crap.

Originally Posted by krazygluon
Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?

Last edited by Nightshade; 12-16-06 at 09:25 AM.