Old 12-16-06, 09:43 AM
derath

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tightwad
The simplist, most direct, way to resolve the issue of protective eyeware for ANY cyclist is to buy
"fit overs" for your rides. These glasses will work with or without presription glasses under them.

They are,to me , the ONLY common sense approch to this issue. It ain't about lookin' cool really
it's about get'n the job done of protecting the only pair of eyes you'll ever have. No matter how
much money you spend on 'fashion wear' glasses you will get more bang for the buck with "fit overs'.

That said......
For less than $30 you can git-r-done!!

http://www.eyesave.com/brands/b281-d...ses/index.aspx

To me all that "market targeted" ***** is just another way to get you to pay more for what you can
find cheaper & better by going back to basics and forget the 'fashion" crap.
As long as they worked I wouldn't care. I have long since given up looking "cool". The reason I got the glasses I did was more for function. They do an awesome job of sealing out the wind and giving me better peripheral vision. When wearing my regular glasses my eyes water on fast downhills due to the wind. And my helmet mounted mirror is just outside their view, so everything in the mirror is blurry.

With my SG-1's the wind is blocked out and the wraparound gives me extra peripheral "adjusted for my sight" view.

The glasses only cost $35 from ebay and the inserts were $90. Not super cheap but not that bad either.

-D