cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by cinco
As for the car: Yeah, yeah, I know I ought to cover the Mark III or something since the garage is full of bikes, but the last time I tried that the wind shredded my tarp in a few days. You can never seem to get 'em tight enough. I'm a big Lincoln guy myself and one of these days I'm going to talk my brother out of his '79 Mk V . Cheers guys.
Tarps don't cut the mustard - get a MkIII-IV-V automobile cover and tie it down with the eyelets built into the cover at the bottom. Won't come off for anything (I know, cause I did this once to the Mk V - the beater of the two vehicles - before one of the hurricanes that has come down here. Never came off or tore.), and protects the car well.

Don't talk your brother out of his '79 unless you have a garage to put it in. Ford found a way to get all the '79s lighter by 400 pounds: Thin the already-garbage body panel sheet metal out. The steel they used on these things was recycled Japanese steel, which didn't help in the first place. Using the thinner gage steel just aggrivates matters - snow and salt or otherwise. If it must be kept outside, try to find a '77 or '78.

Take care,

-Kurt

P.S.: The "One Car Less" folks on A&C and Commuting must hate us...