View Single Post
Old 12-22-06, 11:16 AM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Michel Gagnon
I haven't looked to other documents – namely the French Highway Code – and I am not into brevet riding so I find some of these rules very funny, but at least, my command of French is better than my command of English, so here I go (warning: quick translation, and I'm not a lawyer).
Thanks Michel. No-one could say your English is far from perfect -- in fact, compared with many, it is as close to perfect as it could be. Thanks for the translations.

Hopefully, debate on what is acceptable or not with PBP lighting will be stymied and we can get on to enjoying the qualifiers without the eternal lighting debate distracting us (although, no doubt, someone is going to come up with something "controversial" to discuss just because PBP is a French event).

Personally, I think anyone who spends $5,000 on a bike, $2,000 on qualifying and $2,000 on getting to and from PBP, then quibbles about providing themselves with adequate lighting is deficient in some way. Still, it takes all types in the cycling world.