Old 12-22-06, 12:00 PM
supcom
You need a new bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by danimal123
Seems we check out the same forums (I'm Dan from SBW)....ha!

You know that that rack is listed as a front rack, right? Although I see no reason not to put it on the back.

I'd rather not bag drop, but here's my quandry: My bike has rack eyelets (good) but no attachment points on the stays (bad) plus it has a "wishbone seat stay" (more bad). I know p-clips can be used on traditional seatstays w/out attachment points...my commuter bike is set up like this, but the only clamp I can find for wishbones is made by Blackburn and it's hard to find. Anyone know of a good homegrown solution for attaching a rack to a wishbone seatstay?

...I could go the seatpost rack route, but I'd rather not switch seatposts (mine's carbon) and I like the stability of a fixed rack better anyway.

Thanks,

Dan
Perhaps a Carradice bag will work for you. No rack is required. If you like, you can use one with the SQR seatpost adapter for quick removal and as a support if you do not have a Brooks saddle with bag loops. There are Carradice bags in all sizes and certainly large enough for a PBP.

If you went the SQR route, you will probably need to swap your seatpost for aluminum, but realistically, you should have no reluctance to do so.