View Single Post
Old 11-24-03, 12:51 AM
medicazian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanx for all the helpful replies again.

I have a specific question towards Ranger, how were you able to get a full refund after riding your bike for 2 weeks? Besides the shifting, where there any other bad attributes that hampered your ride on the Ranger?

Another question, which I hope any of you can answer, I stopped by one of my LBS today (actually called Schwinn Bikes ironically) and this guy recommended a used bike that had an aluminium frame w/ a hardtail, rock trox spring (he said he custom did them), and 26 inch wheels. The rims, however, are not alloy. Apparently the bike is 4 years old and was "barely ridden." I tried to bargain with the guy for a couple minutes and the best offer he was willing to give me was 250. I also thought that hard tails were suppose to be steel, perhaps I am wrong. Is that bike worth the price?

Heres another couple of bikes i've seen under 200 on a website, I know it aint great but I would appreciate it if you would point out the good points of the bike. That way, I know what to look for when goin to another bike shop.

"The Huffy® Pulsar mountain bike for men boasts a full-suspension frame for improved handling and shock-absorption over rougher terrain. The SRAM indexed twist shifters make it easy to change between the 21 speeds and front and rear alloy linear pull ensure strong and reliable stopping power."

"The Huffy® Exo mountain bike boasts a full-suspension, 26-in frame for off-road riding performance and shock absorption. The steel ATB handlebar includes bar ends for additional riding options and it has twist shifters to allow you to easily switch gears by twisting the shifter portion of the grips."

Anyways, thanx for the helpful links, I can always use more. I hate it when the dealer at the LBS starts busting these terms that I have no idea what he is talkin about. Hopefully I can be better prepared and subsequently get a better offer.

Last edited by medicazian; 11-24-03 at 01:39 AM.