Old 12-28-06, 10:22 PM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dgholmes59
I am new to the recumbent scene and bought an EZ Sport in August. It came with the Kenda Kwests tires also. I had a flat 10 miles from the house and installed tire liners when I got home. I have over 1600 miles on them so far with only the 1 flat. They seem like pretty good tires. I would like to know what problems you encountered with them 'N_C' so I can be ready for them.

I am not ready for new tires yet, so I will follow this thread to see what I should buy when it is time. I would like to know how many miles you guys usually get out of these bent tires. I rode a mountain bike before getting my bent and they usually dry rotted before I wore them out. I ride so much now I don't think that is going to happen while riding a bent. ME LOVE BENTS!
Keep in mind this was about 4 yrs ago & had not had the bike for very long. They may have improved the design of the tires since then. The side walls were very thin & simply blew out on both the front & rear within a day of one another. Got warrenty replacements once for them, it happened again so I said screw it. My LBS let me do another warrenty replacement but back to the Primo's.

The size of the Kenda Kwest's I was running on both wheel were 1.5" wide & they were rated at 100 psi. The reason I switched to the Kenda's was because they were wider but held as much air as the Primo's. At this time I was having too many crashes & part of the problem was me controlling the bike & feeling stable. I figured the wider tires would give me more of a platform to ride on. They did, but not for very long. I just had to learn how to ride on the narrower Primo's.

I have never had an issue with the Primo's. They are just a good tire for recumbents.