Old 12-29-06, 02:03 PM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by masi61
You're gonna love clipless pedals!. Toe clips and straps will feel like a distant memory. This is a paradigm shift of the quality kind! Welcome to 2007 Mr. Van Winkle! I say this with utmost respect since I'm about as "old school" as you can get. A while back I posted on the road forum about how how alien it felt to have a 9 speed cluster and no down tube shift levers ... and somebody replied mockingly: "welcome to the 1990's". Heck I thought I made a quantum leap into the contemporary and I'm still 1.5 decades behind the times.
Saturday will be interesting. It's promising to be the only good weather day for the weekend in my area. Tomorrow morning, I take the Raleigh out for a run into town (eight miles round trip), just to see how the new shoe/cleat combination works. Then in the afternoon the Rossin comes out. I picked up a second set of cleats over lunch hour today, will get them mounted on my road shoes tonight, test out the alignment on the trainer. The Rossin is my mad bike, the frame is so close to perfect for me that I really don't feel the need to have a custom frame made - ever. This should be interesting.

Tomorrow evening, the Triumph Trident comes out - I promised myself I'd do the last miles to pass the 92K mark on it before the year is over.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L. Mencken, (1926)