Old 12-31-06, 08:16 PM
gregm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Went to the drug store and got a new battery. No difference.

Pedaled over to closest bike store #1; closed. (4:30pm, Sunday, New Year's eve, after all!) Around the corner, bike store #2 was closed. Bike store #3 about half a mile a way, and en route to REI (where it's usually in stock)...

Bike store #3 is always open 'til 6 on Sundays. Guy rummages around and finds a wireless flightdeck, $88.75. Finds a bunch of Shimano wired flightdeck harnesses NOT for STI, $10/ea -- they had their own little bar-mounted buttons. No good.

This being the oldest bike shop in town, they've got hoards of parts tucked away in drawers. Guy opens the "computer" drawer, and pulls out a bag... looks like just the right kit, sealed in the original-looking plastic bag, although the bar mount doesn't have the current long arm and there is no cardboard packaging. Guy offers me to take it home to see if it works; ten bucks if I like it, otherwise just bring it back.

Here's hoping!

Also scored a NLA *Davitamon*-Lotto hat for my wife, who was afraid she might never get one due to the sponsorship change to Predictor-Lotto. Also, my first real night ride around town with the Dlumotec, and I am more than pleased. I am considering a taillight for general use as well as an E6 secondary for actual night rides. Quite a productive little ride around town.

-Greg