View Single Post
Old 01-02-07, 12:30 PM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 941 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by billh
The spokesman was walking down a major highway and then freeze framed for different types of drivers . . . the "make-up" artist, ie. woman applying makeup while driving . . . the overachiever, guy doing work on his steering wheel . . . the quick-change artist, guy changing his pants in traffic!
Hardly a day goes by that I don't see a driver talking on the phone with one hand, while smoking with the other. I doubt they consider it multi tasking though, just normal everyday driving. I think it would be great if after the "freeze" where they pointed out the distracted driver, they then restarted the action and had it evolve into an accident from the passenger/driver point of view, like one of the car manufactures is presently running. Maybe advertisements showing reality like this (instead of just the zoom zoom of most car advertisements) can help people see how dangerous "multi tasking" behavior really can be.