View Single Post
Old 01-02-07, 01:21 PM
Everest

Bikes: Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 03 Gary Fisher Tassjara, Quattro Assi Scandium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a variety of reasons for going unattached. There really are no truely local teams, the nearest ones are over an hour away from where I live so training with them regularly is not really possible. Also I am just finishing my senior year of highschool and as such my last year of Track; that means I wont be able to do any racing until very late in the month of May. I would probably join a team if I were going to race a full season but by just doing half I dont feel it would be fair to the team or to me to join. Also track will mess with my on bike training and I likely wont get into any real riding until after track, so that would put me at an entirely different level of training than any one else who would be on the team and necessitate different training (ie I'll be fine cardiovascularly as good if not better than any one else, like sub 4:30 miles and sub 10 2 miles, but will need to build up some different muscles. However, I can definately appreciate the support and expierence an established team would provide, and will probably join one next season fter I have gotten an idea of what is out there.