Thread: Trek 520 sizing
View Single Post
Old 01-05-07, 12:34 PM
coyboy

Bikes: Easy Racer Tour Easy, Bumblebeast (off road recumbent), Trek 5.2 Pilot, Rans Dynamik, Rans Alterra Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Trek 520 sizing

I could not find theis doing a search so i'll just ask.

Where is the sizing on the bike. I found a used on that seems a little big for me but not a lot. I looked on the bottom and found the serial # but I could not find the frame size anywhere on the bike. I could not ride it because it has flat tires but when I stood over the bike it grazed my groin area, but no pressure. I have a Lg Giant OCR 3 that feels cramped and my toes bumb the wheels if going slow and turning. I am 6 feet tall, 237# but I am short legged (31 in inseam on most jeans) and long waisted. I think this is why I feel cramped on the Giant. I have been looking for a touring bike to use camping and the used 520 is within my budget. I am a noob but is $375 too much for a used 520. I flipped it over and it goes through the gears smoothly but I am not a good judge of how hard it has been ridden or haw many miles it might have on it. the paint on the frame is in great shape. it is brown. it has a cheap compas on the bars and worn duct tape over the bar end shifters and break levers. I did not look at the break pads. one watere bottle carrier was broke. it had a leather seat cover over the factory seat that looks worn but OK, the factory seat under it loos new. The front rack has a bar strip with holes in it to make it fit but is solid. the rear rack is factory I guess. that all for now. TIA for any cluse on where to find the size or any other info on fair pricing for what little info I can give.

Coy Boy