View Single Post
Old 01-05-07, 04:49 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Challenge for new riders in 2007

This is not only for new riders- but also those that have not taken the plunge in their cycling yet.

I throw out a challenge to all of us that are new- to get fit enough to do an organised ride this year. I don't mean a 5 day trip across the rockies- or 23 days across America, that is for 2008. What I am talking about is for you to find an organised ride in your area and enter. Mostly these will be a charity ride and will offer a range of miles for you to enter for. My first one will be in March and is a 40 miler for me, 25 miler for others, and is for a local charity body called the LIONS.

Thing about these organised rides is that you will always find someone of your pace and your grade to ride with. They are fantastic. They urge you to do a higher milage aswell and probably get you to ride at a higher pace than you normally do. The milage will not be high- although hopefully it will be More than you have done before- and the terrain should not be too difficult. It should be just a bit more than you have attempted before.

So get your diaries out- Find out about the organised ride in your area and enter.

And then once you have done a couple of these rides- you can all get together and sort out the challenge for the more experienced riders amongst us.

Spike Milligan