Thread: Cheap Thrills
View Single Post
Old 01-06-07, 05:07 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by spry
We need to rediscover biking and walking in the Colonies.When in Europe I,ve heard off-color references of Americans and weight.
The Surprising this is that so many people are overweight and I am not just meaning the Americans- You may have a higher %age than us in the UK but We are quickly getting to your level. Big thing is obesity in youngsters. They don't walk anywhere- Mum has a car to run them around in. They don't play sports any longer as they will get picked on for being "Fat" in the changing room and all they seem to do is sit in front of the games Console up in their Bedroom. In my youth I cannot remember one single "Fat" kid in my school and I can only remember a couple of Large ones. The only reason I can remember them is they Caught me on the Rugby Field and it hurt.

We have 14 youngsters in our road. only 3 are fat and they are obese. Down to the parents I am afraid as they are as lazy as the kids. The rest of the Kids and their parents are out and about doing various activities all the time. Can't get any of them riding though.

Spike Milligan