View Single Post
Old 01-07-07, 12:14 PM
jibi
Left OZ now in Malaysia

Location: Lancashire England, but at the moment on an extended tour of South East Asia

Bikes: Thorn Ravan Catlayst, Bill Nickson tourer, Bill Nickson Time Trial, Claud Butler Cape Wrath, Motobecame Tandem etc etc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seems like velonomad knows too
Day 2, The next morning as we were preparing to leave the storekeeper's wife came over to us and insisted we have breakfast with her and her husband. Wonderful people!. At some point we passed a turnoff for Plains Ga, Jimmy Carter had been elected President and Plains, Ga had been in the media a lot, so we decided to check it out. We got to Plains probaly around noon on Sunday, The town was packed full of tourists and media people running around. Jimmy wasn't in town nor was his brother Billy holding court at his gas station, so we left.

Later in the afternoon a car came up behind us and honked the horn, looking back we saw an elderly couple motioning for us to stop. We stopped along the road,the woman got out of the car and had a paper sack full of fried chicken,cornbread and sweet potatoes, Her and her husband had saw us ride by and thought we would enjoy having some home made food on our journey. We thanked them and waited while they prayed for us.
There are a lot of nice people out there, but you have to be nice first in order to attract them.

Sounds like you developed the knack for being able to rely on the kindness and generosity of your friends and neighbors. I just wonder at what point does that turn into a lifestyle of being a leech?
I wonder too, never having done it myself.

george