View Single Post
Old 01-08-07, 04:01 AM
Flamingmb
road rage expert

Bikes: Hardrock Pro, Allez elite triple, Raleigh single speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My back wheel is possessed!

So a while back I was riding my single speed to school every other day. Then one day as I was riding home it felt a bit sloppy in the back, I check the pressure with my hand at a red light and sure enough it was going flat. I was able to get home but just barely. No biggie, I had a spare tube at home. I put a new tube in and come back later that night and the tire is flat. Didnt even ride the bike with the new tube. I buy a new tube, put in the new tube, goes flat within half an hour. At this point I am a little mad. I buy a 4th tube, check the rims and ture and there is no debris or anything that would give a flat. I put the 4th tube in, it goes flat within half an hour.
At this point I am all out of ideas so I take the 3rd tube and pump it up and realize that it has no puncture! I even put it in a bucket of water and there is no sign of a puncture. So I put the old tube back in and only put it up to 80psi. About 20 mins later it blows, and very loudly I might add.
WTF is wrong with my back tire! Is it just not meant to be?! What could be wrong with it?!
Should I just take it to my LBS and let them deal with it?