Thread: Total Geekiness
View Single Post
Old 01-08-07, 03:26 PM
GlowBoy
GN BIKN

Bikes: 1990ish MTB converted to 'cross, custom Vulture 29"er, Swift 2-speed Automatix folder, Madsen cargo bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Connector question for those in the know ...

When I built up my homebrew system a year ago, I reused the old connectors from a couple of old TurboCat systems. That was fine at first, but those connectors were years old already and a couple of them are starting to fail. I'm planning to rewire my system with new connectors (among other changes), and I'd like to know what experiences others have had with the various types. At batteryspace.com they've got several types:

Their widest selection is of Mini Tamiya connectors. My charger came with the full size Tamiya, which seems easy to use but does feel just a little bit cheap:

What they label simply as their "waterproof" connector:

BEC connectors look nice, but are prewired with AWG 22 wire, which seems a little lightweight for this application.

Hitec. These seem a little silly since the connectors themselves are 3 conductor, and are also wired with AWG 22:

Any preferences? My inclination is towards the "waterproof" connectors since they appear a bit more durable.