superdex
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 112 Posts
My parents and Colorado

Well, my folks --currently in SoCal-- are creeping in on retirement, and they are eyeballing Colorado as a possible destination. This makes me giddy because I'll have the folks closer and they might actually want to split a place near a ski resort . As I get the time, I'm doing little bits of research for them--

They both require medical facilities nearby (the new hospital in Breckenridge comes to mind); Dad requires golf; Mom requires an age-appropriate social atmosphere. Somewhere in the Front Range/I70 corridor would be cool, but I'm also wondering about other parts of the state -- Co Springs, Buena Vista, Steamboat? A retirement community would be okay too (not assisted-living, but somewhere there is lots of folks the same age).

My struggle is my dad in particular isn't very outdoorsy-active. He plays golf and likes being outside, but I don't see him hiking any 14ers. And neither of them ski (though my mom did years ago). My mom would do easy hiking, and I hoping to get them both on a bike somehow, someway.

What do you kids think? Anywhere I should look at as possibilities?