View Single Post
Old 01-09-07, 06:47 PM
Opedaler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mchell
We have used a draftmaster for our Rans Screamer tandem for the past 3 years. We use it at least three times every week and have hauled the bike without incident as far away as Prince Edward Island, a 4 day journey by car. (Subaru Forester) The rack easily converts to carry my wife's MTB and I put my Catrike in the back of the car when we go off to ride singles. I am surprised at the price you quoted. I bought mine at MBS Tandems in Mississauga, Ontario for $636 CDN which includes the long beam necessary for the tandem. (Same price is listed today on their website.) I also use a convertible hitch when we use the Draftmaster on the Roadtrek, which requires a 2" receiver. An excellent product; one gets what one pays for.

Hmmmmm........I might have missed something. When I went to the site I was looking for the double specialty rack that fit two LWB bikes. The site said that they were remodeling and to call....which I did. When I told them what I was looking for they priced it at $780 US (excluding shipping). I can't find a dealer near hear but did find one a state away that had a used one for 400 bucks.

Glad to hear that they work well for you and must confess that they do look they might be our answer if the conversion to our sports rack doesn't work.