Stewie

Bikes: Specialized Tricross and Gary Fisher Paragon 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Crosstrail

Originally Posted by sdr
i just got the cross trail limited for christmas. this bike is perfect for the type of riding that i do - a mix of street, rail trails and off road. the 'limited' is a little pricey for a hybrid but i love the components and the bike is beautiful.

i especially love the bike's geometry! so far the only thing i would change would be the brakes. i would prefer the avid single digit 7's over the avid juicy 5's the bike came with. i will eventually upgrade to avid juicy 7's since the bike is already set-up for disc.

compared to the gary fisher nirvana s that i had been riding the CT Limited is lightening fast even with the 29x1.9in. semi-slick tires that came stock on the bike. the 700c wheels allow for just about any size tire, however. i lean toward the mountain bike tire for my riding preferences and this one cruises the street quite fast and quite comfortably.

my primary concern was going from shimano shifters to SRAM. i can honestly say, after riding the CT, that i am now an SRAM convert - love 'em!

i give the bike two thumbs - waaaaaay up!

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkM...d=07Crosstrail

i added these shimano XC platform pedals:

Nice looking bike!
Is this type of bike refered to a 29er? Anyways what doe that mean?

How much would it weigh?

Another bike I should check out.

I think the answer to this bike delemia is to get 2 bikes for the various riding conditions.