Thread: Total Geekiness
View Single Post
Old 01-11-07, 08:16 PM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GlowBoy
Connector question for those in the know ...
When I built up my homebrew system a year ago, I reused the old connectors from a couple of old TurboCat systems. That was fine at first, but those connectors were years old already and a couple of them are starting to fail. I'm planning to rewire my system with new connectors (among other changes), and I'd like to know what experiences others have had with the various types. At batteryspace.com they've got several types:

Their widest selection is of Mini Tamiya connectors. My charger came with the full size Tamiya, which seems easy to use but does feel just a little bit cheap:
I have a couple pairs of RC batteries with these connectors. I wired a matching connector to my helmet light 6v system. I also wired a double connectors in serial to work with my DIY 12v system.
What they label simply as their "waterproof" connector:
Originally Posted by GlowBoy
My 12v system uses these connectors on the battery, several pairs of optronics housings, and the lightbrain controller. I also have a 2 Tamiya connector <==> waterproof connector as stated above. I found them for $1.50. I like them because they're polarized and one unit provides two connections.