jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!

Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by z28steve
thanks jeff im in san antonio. i like ur system of narrowing a bike down. right now i dont ride cause i have no bike. the one im in the market for will be my first and right now im likin an 06 iron horse MKIII comp that rscycle has for sale for $1099. any advice for me on this bike? Thanks for the welcome.
Read a few reviews and people had nice things to say about it. I have very limited MTB experience, esp. with suspension bikes, as I have not ridden MTB much in the last 10 years. Seems likes a lot of bike for the money. Ride it for as long as they will let you, or see if they have a loaner or rental that you can get out on the type of terrain you are going to ride.

If you are going to be riding on paved paths or streets much, you might consider a hard tail bike with no rear suspension. Suspension eats up pedal energy from what I have read, so the bikes are not quite as efficient with susp. front and rear.

Ask the bike shops if there are any MTB clubs in San Antonio. In Dallas, we have DORBA (Dallas Off Road Bike Assoc.) and they have tons of info on their site. A club might be a nice way to meet people, find places to ride, get ideas on equip. or upgrades, etc.