Old 01-13-07, 07:56 PM
sox_ducati

Bikes: Just bought Kona Dr. Good

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Prospect Park the harday - newbie intro

Found this place while searching for the name of my first 10-speed. I was having a yearning for my old bike, an '84 Ross Eurosport, I think... so here I am.

Here's some bike history: I was talked into trading in my loved 10-speed for a mtn bike. I bought a some cheapish ($200-300) mountain bike 4-5 yrs ago. Everybody at work was into mtn biking, so the peer pressure was too much, and I gave in. I took it out once, and fell over three times. Probably becz I was never in the right gear. For the most part, the bike sat until I recently moved to Brooklyn. I did have it completely gone over/tuned up and some "city tires" put on just before the move.

Now it was time to get me and this bike back in shape, and took her out for a ride around Prospect Park. I came back hating this damn bike. YEah, ok I was out of errr am out of shape, but is it me, or do these grip shifters suck?

Anyway, THANKS for letting me remember what my old bike was! Any ideas on how to make life with my... (excuse me while I go check) Diamondback Outlook more compatible. LOL What the hell are you supposed to do with 21 gears? shhh I think it's lying, there are only 3: 1) too hard, 2) too easy and 3) fall over. *wink*

TIA

cher

If you see some one huffing and swearing on the side of the road tmr, it'll be me.