View Single Post
Old 01-14-07, 12:16 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kevink159
I have noticed a lot of this attitude that you MUST own 4 different bikes in order to live. Tom , I do not mean to pick on just you, but why would anyone think they need more than one bike? If you are an elite racer, I do understand. But for everyone else a solid bike will do everything. I have a Novara Safari, and I tour on it just fine. It gets me to work everyday. I ride 35 miles to my parents once a month or so with no problems. We are not discussing rocket science, it is simply a bicycle.
Would you mind telling me where I said you had to have 4 bikes to live? I have a touring bike I ride, I have a bike I beat around off road with because I don't want to trash my road bike, and I have an old Raleigh I use on the trainer and to race with (Different gearing and no racks). The question was if a touring bike was an all around bike, and I answered yes. I didn't say anything more than that and frankly, I'd really prefer that you not add any more context than what I actually said.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant