Old 12-17-03, 05:39 PM
slotibartfast
Duct tape won't fix that

Bikes: 2003 Bianchi Veloce, 2002 Gary Fisher Utopia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"On this note, wil this bike be okay to ride in teh rain and nasty weather? I was thinking about keeping the old one around for the icky days, but if I can ride my Trek, then that would be cool."

I last rode my Utopia 40 miles in a downpour in late October. The tires did a great job of keeping the water off my backside and providing a stable ride. My riding buddy had slicks and it was like he had his own personal biddet. I know that if I was on my road bike, I'd have taken a couple of spills at least.

I also took the Utopia on the Hiawatha Trail in northern Idaho last summer (take a look at the website - it's a great trail). It's a rails to trails ride, but not paved, so it's like 13 miles of a dirt and gravel road type experience. The bike came through like a champ. I was concerned with the low count spoke Bontrager Selects when I purchased the bike, but I've had zero problems with them and I've put them through a lot of potholes and varied terrain...and I'm no lightweight rider.

Enjoy your new ride and don't be concerned about its strength and ability to handle foul weather....it can take it.