View Single Post
Old 01-14-07, 06:18 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee
One of the reasons I like my flat bar is how far apart my hands are on the bar, and when I've tested a drop bar bike, I find that while I can still get the same hand position on the drop bar, my hands are closer together. So my question is -- does anyone make wider drop bar handlebars?
Gary, it sounds like you are comparing the position on the tops to a flat bar position. I doubt you'll ever find a drop bar wide enough to duplicate that position. But if you get off the tops and onto the hoods, you'll soon find that to be a comfortable, secure position.

On my MTB, with 24" wide bars, the centers of my palms are about 20" apart. On my road bike with 46cm drops, the centers of the brake hoods are about 18" apart. The Nitto Noodle bars are the most comfortable I've used. They now come in 48cm if you really want something wide.
http://www.rivbike.com/webalog/handl...ape/16111.html