Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 01-17-07, 08:38 AM
TRaffic Jammer
Dances With Cars

Bikes: TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Danhalen
Crutches and cane oh wow you really did a number on yourself. Did you go back to messing after recovering from that injury? How long it was until you made a full recovery?

Yeah I think I have to admit to myself that I need to take more time off. It has defintely improved but still has a way to go. I can ride for quite a while before it bothers me at all. I think once the muscles around it start to get tired/tight that's when I get into problems. At least if I ride on my own time I can stop if I have to. At work it's just go go go no matter what.
I was fortunate in that I did it skateboarding at 35, I have been retired from messing for a number of years, thank goodness as I can't imagine having to ride for my rent if I had been still messin'. I was off for a good six months, but I ripped bones and required arthroscopic to remove the fragments. The soft tissue were a mess. Stretching and a warm up of the knee will help with the riding, smooth and steady spinnin will keep all warm, lubricated and happy. TRY to stop racing lights for a while as explosive bursts will make your kneecap feel like it wants to shoot across the room.